Finns #5: Finn Brothers

Okay, okay, so I'm not posting these in order.  I would, but I'm missing some CDs (some ordered and en route, and some I'm considering purchasing) for the Crowded House and Neil (or Liam - I haven't decided where to put that one) Finn posts.

This post is about the Finn Brothers (that's Tim and Neil, not Liam and Elroy) who got together in 1989 to write and record some songs, something they hadn't done before apparently - you would have thought they'd have written together during their time in Split Enz.  Anyway, much of the product of that process evolved into the Crowded House "Woodface" album and it wasn't for another six years before they returned to the original plan and wrote, recorded and released "Finn."

As you can see from the photo, I have both albums ("Finn" and the special edition of "Everyone is Here" which includes a DVD of additional content) as well as the CD single of "Won't Fit In."  The fourth CD shown is a fan-club release of a Finn Brothers live concert from 2004.

I quite enjoy the Finn Brothers CDs and do hope they get together for future albums.

Comments

Popular Posts