Fleetwood Mac Super Deluxe Editions (and a Lindsey Buckingham anthology)

In 2016 I picked up the super deluxe edition of "Rumours" for the ridiculously low price of (the equivalent of) NZ$38.47 - that's for a vinyl album, 4 CDs and a DVD!  I'm pretty sure I once had "Rumours" on vinyl (and I still had "Tusk"), but they were second hand copies that my auntie and uncle had given to me, along with a few other vinyl records, when they got super religious and weren't allowed to listen to rock music any more.


Anyway, the purchase of this super deluxe edition kicked off my collector instincts and I had to get the others (some already released), so I got the "Mirage" and "Tango in the Night" super deluxes the following year (although with one less CD in each of these), and the "Tusk" (the most expensive at NZ$106 as it had been out a while and availability was low, although it did have more content - 2 LPs, 5 CDs and a DVD) and the "White" album ones the year after that.  In 2019 I grabbed Lindsay Buckingham's "Solo Anthology" for under NZ$20/disc and the final Mac album "Say You Will" regular format 2 disc release (i.e. no super deluxe) for NZ$28!!  


I really like the format of these Fleetwood Mac super deluxe editions.  For me, the grouping of vinyl, CD and DVD meet my needs perfectly (I only have to make one purchase to get multiple formats) and, in most cases, these were amazing value for the content.  My only gripe is that only 3 of the 5 editions came with a 5.1 surround mix on DVD ("Rumours" and "Tango in the Night" don't have one).  I do hope that some day we see that final album as a super deluxe also, as it's my favourite.

Comments

Popular Posts