Prince: Cream Remixes single

Back in November of last year (2020) while checking my CD collection for CD rot (I still haven't checked my entire collection - in fact, I haven't even made it half way through), I discovered that my Prince CD of 9 Cream Remixes had some severe CD rot.  Miraculously, at the time, it still played through (see the photo on my disc rot post and you might be surprised), but I wasn't taking any chances.  At the time I thought it would be difficult, if not impossible, to replace however, a month ago, I found a new vinyl copy available online here in NZ for an okay price (NZ$31.60 including shipping) and ordered it.

Upon receipt, I played the vinyl and was very happy with it except for some distortion in the telephone segues, so I pulled out the CD and listened to compare - the CD had the same distortion, so the vinyl was fine.

However, I decided to play the CD once more and it began repeating, getting stuck on seconds-long short sections of songs.  Its life was over.  Talk about timing: I am glad I managed to find a replacement that definitely will not suffer from CD rot.


A little piece of trivia: This is still classified as a single release, despite being just over 38 minutes in length.

Comments

Popular Posts