The Sound (box sets and vinyl)

I discovered the band "The Sound" in 1986 when I bought an EP entitled "Shock of Daylight."  Once I listened to it, I was hooked.  They were fronted by Adrian Borland who, sadly, is no longer with us.  The Sound released 6 studio albums, and Adrian released a number of solo albums.

I purchased every release I could find between 1986 and 1990, getting the 5 albums available at the time on vinyl.

 

In 2015, I found some CD box sets for sale online, collecting most of the band's output.  These box sets included the live album "In the Hothouse" as well as the 1999 release "Propoganda," which is The Sound's first studio recording, never released until now.  In addition, there was a "BBC: Live in Concert" disc, collecting 2 different BBC sessions, as well as bonus tracks on every studio album disc and the EP.


 

I never did get around to purchasing any physical copies of Adrian's solo albums, but I have managed to download some and listen to them and, although they are not up to the same standards as The Sound's albums, they are still interesting and very listenable.

It seems not many people have heard of The Sound so, if you are one of them, get listening now.

Comments

Popular Posts