Gin Wigmore

Even though Gin Wigmore no longer resides in New Zealand (just as Kimbra no longer does) she is still a kiwi.  I follow her music career as much as I can via YouTube and the interwebs.  My sister first introduced me to Gin's music, however my sister no longer seems to like her.  Gin has a rather gravelly voice, which has been imitated by some more recent, and I think lesser, artists, and I prefer Gin's to any others.  I have the deluxe edition of Gin's first album, "Holy Smoke," which contains 12 bonus tracks and a live concert DVD.  To date she's released 4 albums (I have all 4, obviously) - the last is "Ivory" which was released in 2018.  Since then she has put 5 new songs on her YouTube channel, but there is no news of a 5th album yet - Gin herself has mentioned she doesn't want to record albums any more, but I live in hope.


Update (March 2022): Gin has announced, and then recently postponed, an NZ concert tour, and mentioned she will be releasing a 5th album sometime this year.  Great news!!

Comments

Popular Posts