The 1975

I was a fan of the 1975 as soon as I heard their debut eponymous album.  I picked up a deluxe 2CD edition that collected that album as well as the tracks from their 4 EPs, and liked almost every song on it.  I also got the vinyl edition.

The second album, I Like it When You Sleep for You Are So Beautiful yet So Unaware of It, contained 5 or 6 great tracks, like Love Me, but the trend of, what are for me, extraneous experimental unlikeable tracks began with this album.  Still, I purchased both CD and record.

The third album, A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships, still had a song I enjoyed, TooTimeTooTimeTooTime, and a couple of others that were listenable however, in hindsight, I thought I was a bit impulsive in pre-ordering both the vinyl and CD (in keeping with the last 2 releases).

I learned from that mistake and listened to the fourth album, Notes on a Conditional Form, before deciding whether to get it or not, and without a single track on it that I liked, I chose not to buy it, thereby thinking that was the end of my collecting the 1975.




Update (March 2022): Sometimes being a collector can be problematic.  My resolve cracked when I saw The 1975's 4th album, Notes on a Conditional Form, for sale for less than $10, so I picked up the CD.  Also, recently they have removed their online presence (again), which is the sign that new music is on the way.  Apparently a 5th album is expected this year.  I only hope there is something on this one to my liking.



Comments

Popular Posts